Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (coa)
6/24/2014 9:08:00 AM
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/certified-ophthalmic-assistant-coa-0624-winston-salem-north-carolina-648
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com
>>> Back to Jobs listing
• Working in a float position.
• Assist in any sub-specialty area as needed.
• Under general supervision, perform a variety of general office functions, patient care activities, and ophthalmic diagnostic tests.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
• Obtain a complete medical and ophthalmic history.
• Establish rapport with patients during diagnostic tests and examinations.
• Obtain visual acuities.
• Plot visual fields using either the Goldmann perimeter or Humphrey automated perimeter.
• Perform manual lensometry and manual keratometry.
• Perform applanation tonometry.
• Perform confrontation visual fields.
• Check for color vision defects.
• Perform Potential Acuity Meter (PAM).
• Perform amsler grid and stereo testing.
• Instill dilating drops when directed by physician.
• Perform refractometry/retinoscopy.
• Perform basic strabismus evaluations.
• Explain physician's orders.
• Perform routine maintenance of equipment using established methods of cleaning and sterilization.
• Prepare and maintain examination rooms.
• Complete lab slips and requisitions for tests; deliver specimens to lab if needed.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
1. High School graduation or recognized equivalent.
2. Satisfactory completion of an approved JCAHPO written examination for COA certification.
3. Minimum of one year experience.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com Or call Karen Bowers at (336) 713-4204.