2/17/2014 11:14:00 AM
Optometrist wanted at The Villages, FL location
St. Luke’s at The Villages, providing world class cataract surgery and eye care, is seeking a full-time, Florida licensed Optometrist.
Location: The Villages, FL
The Villages was conceived over 50 years ago and is an active retirement community located in sunny central Florida with currently over 100,000 residents. Its motto: Florida's Friendliest Hometown. In 2012, Forbes magazine ranked The Villages as the No. 1 fastest-growing small town!
About St. Luke’s:
St. Luke's is a large (18 M.D., 300+ employee) ophthalmology practice based in the Tampa Bay, Florida area, with locations in Tarpon Springs, Spring Hill, Bayonet Point, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater, and The Villages. This is an outstanding opportunity for a candidate who is eager to join our team in providing exceptional care to our patients in our growing practice.
In this position the Optometrist will have the opportunity to practice with state of the art technology by working in partnership with Kimberly Ireland, MD. As a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in advanced cataract surgery, she also performs LASIK, oculoplastic surgery, provides care for glaucoma detection and treatment, and treats retinal diseases such as diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.
We require a candidate with the desire to create long term relationships with his/her patient base and place an emphasis on practicing within the full scope of licensure including ocular disease management. The Optometrist will work in a dual role, supporting our cataract and refractive surgeon and training new technicians and also generating revenues from his/her own base of patients. The Optometrist will also be expected to promote St. Luke’s in the community, building goodwill, presenting to potential patients, and developing strong relationships with referral sources.
• Optometrist with a clear Florida license
• Excellent clinical skills and strong customer service acumen
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
• Must be mobile in an office environment; frequent standing, walking, sitting
• Competitive Salary and Incentive Opportunity
• Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Professional Liability Coverage with Employer’s Group Plan
• Annual allowance of $ 2,750 for license fees, professional association dues, and continuing education expenses.
We hire non-smokers only and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Apply Online: /job/optometrist-The+Villages-Florida-6381
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com
>>> Back to Jobs listing